Our breath connects us to the universe. Control your mind by focusing on breath & vice versa.
One important aspect during yoga is controlling your breath and focusing on the breathing process. This helps in proper intake of oxygen, exhale of carbon dioxide and enables your mind to focus inward. Try becoming aware of your breathing process. This greatly helps in bring your mind to present, relieving stress and strengthening your immunity.
Yogic breathing exercises are called “pranayama” (control of the prana: life force).
With regular practice, pranayama enables you to more consciously control the non-physical subtle energy within your own being. Pranayama enables you to cleanse and strengthen your physical body while calming your mind.
One breathing excercise is Anulom Vilom.
*Sit in Sukhasana/Padamasana with your hands resting sideways on the knees.
*Close the right nostril with your right thumb and inhale slowly from left nostril to fill up your lungs.
* Exhale slowly from the right nostril.
* During the inhale/exhale process focus on your breath
– Repeat the process for 4 to 5 minutes.
1. Excellent for respiratory issues like asthma and allergies
2. Helps in balancing and relaxing the nervous system
3. Helps relieve headaches
4. Removes toxins from the body
5. Builds up stamina in the lungs
6. Reduces stress and keeps anxiety and depression at bay