How to do Chakra Padasana?
- Lie in the starting position, or rest back on the elbows in a half-lying position.
- Raise the right leg 5cm from the ground, keeping the knee straight.
- Rotate the entire leg clockwise 7 times in as large a circle as comfortable.
- The heel should not touch the floor at any time during the rotation.
- Rotate 7 time anti-clockwise.
- Repeat with the left leg, first clockwise, then anti-clockwise.
- Do not strain.
- Rest and practice abdominal breathing until respiration returns to normal.
How to breathe during Chakra Padasana ?
- Inhale while moving the leg upward.
- Exhale while lowering the leg.
Awareness during Chakra Padasana?
On the rotation of the leg, the effects of the asana on the hips and abdomen, and synchronizing the movements with the breath
When not to do Chakra Padasana ?
Not to be performed by persons suffering from high blood pressure or serious back conditions such as sciatica and slipped disc
What are the advantages of Chakra Padasana ?
- Good for hip joints
- Effective for reducing obesity,
- Good for toning of abdominal
- Good for toning of spinal muscles