Step into a transformative experience in this 200-hour Teacher Training Course to deepen your understanding of
the Vedic yoga traditions, so that you are ready to share this with others. This course will qualify you to
teach yoga, but it’s true purpose is firstly to consolidate your own personal yoga practice in daily life, as
you can only truly share yoga on the basis of your own experience. This course focuses on the traditional
Vedic approach to the entire spectrum of yogic practices, rather than any specific asana-oriented school of
The course is designed to immerse students in the physical, mental, and spiritual states of yoga, so that they
emerge as students and teachers, of both a physical practice and personal wisdom. It goes beyond learning the
way in which to teach others how to practice yogic techniques, and prepares you for living yoga in every
moment of every day. It draws on both the ancient theory of yoga, and modern knowledge of the body and mind.
This course focuses on the traditional Vedic
approach to the entire spectrum of yogic practices, rather
than any specific asana-oriented school of yoga.
CURRICULUM – PRACTICAL
• Asana (posture)
• Pranayama (conscious breathing)
• Bandha (holding the breath)
• Mudra (yogic gestures)
• Yoga Nidra (yogic relaxation)
• Shatkarma (6 cleansing methods)
• Samyak Kriya (a practice of tuning your awareness with your life force and awakening the inner consciousness)
• Mantra yoga (pure sound which shifts your awareness into the present)
*How to practice and teach pranayama, pratyahara, and meditation through:
• Developing an attitude which gives as much attention to internal alignment as to external alignment;
• Systematic training of the breath and mind, and their inter-relatedness
• Pranayama practice, and its teaching
• Relaxation techniques, and its teaching
• Theory and practice of meditation
CURRICULUM – THEORY
• Yogic (as opposed to scientific) anatomy and physiology
• Expanding the awareness of Yoga for pregnancy, both before and after birth
• Expanding the awareness of Yoga for common disorders
• Expanding on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali specifically for application in yogic practice, teaching and daily life
• Different branches of Vedic yoga and their implementation in our daily lives
• Developing a deeper understanding of the practical use of Ayurveda in day to day life
The program includes individual consultation and guidance from teachers to help you customize your practice, find inspiration, and make lifestyle choices which heal and empower you at every level.
Daily Schedule - subject to minor changes and modifications.
6:30 am - 7:30 am
Mantra chanting and meditation
7:30 am - 9:30 am
9:30 am - 10:00 am
11:00 am - 12:30 am
Lecture/discussion, yoga philosophy and ancient scriptures
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Yogic anatomy and psysiology instruction
5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Practice of Hatha Yoga and Samyak Kriya
6:45 pm - 7:30 pm
8:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Attendance at all classes is compulsory. Every Sunday will be a free day apart from the
morning Hatha Yoga class and the evening Kirtan session, the times of which will be advised.
Self-study – Self-study is the responsibility of each student. Students are encouraged to read and absorb the
information from the Teacher Training Manual and other texts.
Arrival for the Course – Participants are required to arrive at the Vedic Yoga
Centre a minimum of two (2)
before commencement of the Course to ensure that they have recovered from any jet lag, and to familiarise
themselves with the local facilities.
Cancellations/Refunds – Cancellation after registering for this course will result in the loss of the deposit.
Full payment must be made by the first day of the course, and no refunds will be provided once the course has
Certification – Participants who complete the program receive a Yoga Teacher Certificate and
are also eligible to apply for the 200-hour level of registration (RYT) with Yoga Alliance.
Certification requirements include:
• Full attendance in the training intensive;
• Completion of the required readings;
• Successful completion of examinations and written assignments.
*** This course can be completed as two 100-hour courses. ***
The second part must be completed within 12 months
of commencement of the first part. Each 100 hour
component runs over a period of 15 days.
This course is only US$1,900 for the month including accommodation, all meals and tuition.
1. Email a copy of your flight details, passport and visa to:
2. Use TransferWise, Western Union or direct bank transfer to transfer a deposit of US$100 into our bank
3. Complete the application form.
All yoga courses are accredited and certified as per the standards of the Yoga
Staying at the Vedic Centre during Spring these past two years has left me feeling enriched and grateful. The space is always well kept. The family show so much love and respect for not only one another but towards us and all of nature. There it is very easy to connect with the preciousness of each day. I will look forward to the next opportunity there.
- Gisele Theriault, Canada 2019
" After a long trip from France to India, I stayed 5 months in Rishikesh, in the Vedic Yoga Center. This experience transformed my life. I am so grateful for what I receveied. I am so lucky and I try my best to continue on this journey, because it is beautiful. Obviously, when I was back home, I wanted to share the traditional teachings passed by Shailendra and I decied to share it with teaching Vedic Yoga courses every week in my hometown."